Mini Grant Program
Request for Proposals
The Community Foundation (TCF) serves as the administrator for the EEC Mini Grant Program. Funds for the EEC Mini Grant Program are provided by Southern California Edison International. Proposals are being accepted for activities, programs and projects per below.
Grants awarded will be $1,000 - $2,000
Program Interest Areas
- Collaborative projects or programs that connect informal (non-profit) with formal (K-12) providers
- Field trips
- Science projects
- Class/community gardens
- Project-based staff support
- Programs or projects that demonstrate STEM, NGSS or EEI alignment
- Non-profit outdoor / environmental / science education providers that are public benefit organizations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation.
- Public, private or charter school K-12 classroom teachers or schools
- Environmental education support groups/projects affiliated with non-profit or school programs per above.
Grant Period: June 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021
These types of expenses are not eligible for funding:
- Travel expenses
- Conference fees
- Political or religious initiatives
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications will be screened for eligibility and completeness by Inland Empire Community Foundation (IECF) staff. A Grant Review Committee of IECF will evaluate the proposals and make grant recommendations to IECF Board of Directors for final approval.
Notification of Results
All applicants will be notified of the results, in writing, by April, 2020. Recipients will be invited to present their awarded project or program at EEC’s 2019 annual symposium held in February.
Submission of the Application Packet
- Download the application form at www.thecommunityfoundation.net/grants
- Completed Grant Application Form (Two pages application form and Budget Page).
- For nonprofit entities, submit a copy of your current 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS.
- Email your application packet to email@example.com.
- Late applications and incomplete applications will be disqualified.
The 2020 Mini Grant Application is now closed.
Applications were due March 23, 2020.
2020 EEC Mini Grant Application is available on the Inland Empire Community Foundation’s Grant Schedules Page:
Mini Grant Program at https://www.thecommunityfoundation.net/grants/grants/grant-schedule
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org